If you want to delete or archive your Facebook group, you must be an admin. Groups are deleted when they have no members. Deleting a group is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. When a group is archived, it won’t appear in search results to non-members, and no new members can join the group. Learn more about the differences between deleting and archiving a group.
To Delete a Group:
- Tap Main Menu then select the group you want to delete.
- Tap More options: More > View Group Info > Members.
- Tap next to each member’s name except your own > Remove from Group.
- Select Leave Group next to your name once you’ve removed the other members.
- Tap Leave and Delete Group from the confirmation page.
Note: If you’re an admin, you can’t delete a group you didn’t create unless the original creator chooses to leave it.
To Archive a Group:
- Tap Main Menu then select the group you want to archive.
- Tap More options: More > View Group Info.
- Scroll down and tap Archive Group.
- Tap Confirm.