What is QuickBooks Error 1904
QuickBooks software was designed with the aim of easing the financial part of businesses, especially small and medium business. The software ensures accurate management of your business finances. It has gained huge popularity for its unique and hassle free way of keeping track of incoming and outgoing flow of cash. Moreover, user friendly interface and powerful features along with prompt customer support team is just the tip of the iceberg.
Installation process of the software is also quite easy to complete without the interfering personal questions. However, while installing at times you encounter issues which stop the process in the middle. One such issue is Error code 1904.
Error 1904:  Failed to Register
While installing QuickBooks, you might receive the message: Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register
Why this is happening
The above message gets displayed due to interference of Sophos Antivirus update with QuickBooks. The other reasons for this issue are:
• It could be due to damaged or corrupted file. It is quite possible that the setting of the file is not correct.
• At times the error could be caused due to multiple issues and you might receive mentions of specific files like qbprefs.dll, qbupdate.exe or ICWrapper.dll. Then the problem most likely is caused by damaged part of Microsoft Visual C++.
• After upgrading the operating system from one version to another you might find this error as it is possible that you have not rebooted your computer system after upgrading.
How to Fix Quickbooks Error 1904
Fix the Error with QBInstall Tool:
One of the easiest ways of resolving the issue on your own is by downloading QBInstall tool. Follow the enumerated instructions carefully to successfully use the tool:
1. First click on the Ignore button displayed on the error message and ensure that the installation process gets completed. Make sure that you do not open QuickBooks.
2. Now reboot your computer system.
3. After restarting you find that the process of installation did not get completed, and then you should download and run the QBInstall Tool.
4. Once the tool gets downloaded and finishes its work, you should reboot your computer system again. Once the computer is restarted, try to reinstall the software.
5. Another tool that can be employed, in case QuickBooks Install tool does not work, is Component Repair Tool.
6. If this toll also does not work you should create another Windows Admin User Account and then reinstall the software.