QuickBooks software was introduced by Intuit, a financial software manufacturing company, in the market for aiding businesses with calculating and completing various financial tasks, without any hassle, in just few clicks. This software has helped numerous businesses to prosper and flourish as all the accounting problems are more or less sorted. Powerful features combined with intuitive and user friendly interface makes for an informative experience for both regular and novice computer users.
More features result in complex coding of the software, which ends up causing issues if even one requirement of the software is not met. The good thing is all these issues are code specific, which helps to sort out the problem that faster. For example you might encounter QuickBooks error -6176, 0 or -6000,-77 while opening company file in QuickBooks.
Sometime in QuickBooks 2009 or higher if you try to update QuickBooks on latest release you may get this error code. It can be as following:-
• QuickBooks file which you specified cannot be open.
• QuickBooks server busy error.
Fix or Resolve QuickBooks Error -6176, 0 or -6000,-77
All these messages would be because you do not have sufficient permission on windows including QuickBooks users.
• Try opening file again in QuickBooks, it may work.
• Try updating QuickBooks on latest release. Sometime if you do not have your QuickBooks up to date then you might face this issue.
• Make sure you are logged in as an Admin on windows and then right click on QuickBooks and run as administrator.
• Log off on windows and login as an Admin.
• Try to change UAC setting on windows. Go to windows start button and click on search, Search for UAC, now once you see that in control panel please change it to the bottom “never notify”.
Now close the program. Restart your computer and try to open QuickBooks as Admin.
• Configure windows firewall with internet security as it may also create issue sometime while accessing data file in QuickBooks.