Facebook is Tracking you! How to stop it.
The increased usage of Social Media platforms has led to more blunders than rewards. We have become such a parasitic puppet to social media platforms in order to expand our popularity. This becomes more evident when we are leading an online business and sharing posts and information on these platforms in order to push our sales. As social media websites have shared and like button of Facebook, the Web browsing data will directly feed back into the Facebook Ad algorithm. Facebook Is Tracking you or not, you Know?. As a result, the sites you are visiting away from Facebook will refine the ads shown to you within the Social Media Site.
How does Facebook Is Tracking you?
Facebook owns numerous popular services as well. Remember Whatsapp was bought by Facebook. In such a case, although the users are posting data in a distinctive social media site, data feedback in the Facebook ad algorithm. The same happens even though you don’t have a Facebook account. One of the main reasons why Facebook advertising is well targeted is the vast amount of websites feeding data into the algorithm. When you visit one of these sites, Facebook will receive an IP address, location as well as the browser details. This generally happens with the sites having like and share button. Also, each site with a Facebook button puts an individual cookie on your desktop. This cookie file can contain your individual Facebook id number apart from the normal tracking Information. Even though you are logged out of Facebook, the tracking is provided in the cookie will inform the source of your internet whereabouts. However, there is not a definite way to Stop Facebook tracking, but you can take some serious steps to limit Facebook’s access to your data.
Let’s have a look at some of the steps to stop Facebook tracking:
1) Cancel app permissions for Facebook: The first step to stop facebook tracking is to cancel app permission for Facebook. If you have ever signed up your Facebook account with Spotify or Pinterest app, the apps probably access your data. You can deny this permission on the desktop version of Facebook:
All you have to follow the simple steps: Simply visit your Facebook account. Click on the drop-down menu. Next tap on Settings option. Then keep on clicking to the next option until remove option appears.
2) Delete the Facebook app from your phone: If you are opening the Facebook app from a mobile phone, it can easily track your location and browsing details. Hence, it would be great to delete it if you want to avoid tracking. A user can delete an app from both Android and iPhone devices. Hence, deleting apps is a feasible option to stop Facebook tracking.
3) Log out of Facebook on desktop: Logging out from your Facebook account on a desktop is also a good option to stop Facebook tracking. Remember you can sign in again whenever you want to. In case your browser is asking you to save login information, make sure you decline to save it. This will avert Facebook logging you in not only on your current browser but from the mobile versions of that browser as well.
4) Clear out your browser cookies: Facebook can track your browsing history by placing tracking files on your desktop. A User can remove these files by clearing the cookies from every browser on your desktop and phones. But the major disadvantage of deleting Cookies is that you will be logged out of your saved info such as a password. This information will be deleted from your browser’s data. Hence, clearing out Browser Cookies is a great way to stop Facebook Tracking.
5) Opt out of targeted ads: The Digital Advertising Alliance provides an online tool that you can use to request the companies to not to use your data to deliver targeted advertising. But you are required to do this in every browser you are visiting Facebook. All you need to follow the given steps:
- Go to the following link optout.aboutads.info in your preferred browser.
- Hang in there for the opt-out wheel to finish loading.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Click on opt out of all.
- Now, allow the website’s opt-out requests to finish.
6) Refrain from using Facebook “Like” and “Share” buttons: Whenever you see options to add a Facebook “Like” or “Share” Facebook content on other social media sites. Remember not to act upon it as it will add a lot of information that Facebook already has. Refrain from using the Facebook share and like button will automatically stop Facebook Tracking.
7) Do not use your Facebook account to sign into a service: Most of the apps allow you to sign in using your Facebook account Information. On one hand, this makes the sign-up process easy, but it also means that Facebook can check your private information utilization period of that app or service. This will hinder Facebook to access to your data. Hence, it will directly stop Facebook Tracking.
8) Use your Browser’s incognito mode for Facebook: Consider visiting Facebook in Incognito mode, this won’t save your browsing history upon the existing browser. Also, Facebook will stay logged out in your browser’s normal windows.
9) Refrain using Facebook’s check-in feature: If you are using the check-in feature of Facebook app, then stop doing it. As it collects a lot of information about your physical location, which can again become a source of tracking. Thus, avoid using this feature to stop Facebook tracking.
Moreover, we are always tracked around the internet by many advertising companies. It helps them to increase their advertising target data. Hence, it becomes a winning situation for Facebook too when it is used as a medium of advertising any brand or business. The Accountholders of Facebook, therefore take advantage of this collected data. But by following the above tips, eventually, we can stop Facebook Tracking effectively.
Reade in details about Facebook libra currency & How To Keep Crypto Safe and Secure from hackers.