Facebook isn’t a subject needs introduction. Every person in this world must hear about this most popular social media platform “Facebook”. Arcler Desk always tries to give latest and useful information via posting Daily “How to blogs”.
Most of newbies create profiles to use Facebook for business startups. And our today’s topic will help to such person who wants to change their FB profile to a Page. Today, the subject we will discuss is “How Do I Convert My Profile to a Facebook Page?”
With a Facebook Page, one can use more tools and promotions to share with a wider audience. Converting your profile to a Page creates a new Facebook Page that’s based on your profile. Note that, “You can only convert your profile to a Page once”.
Steps to convert your profile to a Facebook Page:
- Go to Create a Facebook Page Based on Your Profile.
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At time you follow instructions, your new Page will automatically publish once the conversion process is finished. To end or change this setting, click to select off next to publish page when done at the top.
When you convert your profile to a Page:
- You’ll have both a profile and a Page after conversion.
- Facebook will transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page’s name.
- You can select from your friends, followers and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page’s followers. See more information in the section below.
- You can choose which photos and videos to copy over from your profile, but keep in mind that views and other metrics remain with your profile and can’t transfer to the Page.
- You can preview all changes before publishing your new Page.
- When you’ve finished setting up your new Page, Facebook will ask you to check your privacy settings on your profile to make sure you’re sharing what you want to share.
What Happens to My Friends, Followers and Pending Friend Requests When I Convert to a Page?
Once you publish your profile as a Page:
- Your profile’s followers, friends and friend requests will get notified that you’ve created a new Page.
- The profile followers you choose will automatically follow the new Page and will be removed from following your profile.
- Friends and pending friend requests you select will automatically like and follow the new Page, and won’t be removed from your profile.
Keep Enjoying Facebook! Stay Connected!