Tips To Recover A Deleted Instagram Account
Instagram is one of the most popular social media applications that allow users to share photos and videos, add captions, edit filters, add stories, tweak settings, engage with others, and so on. Owned by Facebook, Inc., it was created by Mike Krieger and Kevin Systrom. It was launched in the month of October 2010 on iOS. Later on, a version of Android devices was released in the month of April 2012 and Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 in the month of April 2016 and October 2016 respectively.
Instagram is a platform that allows users to share photos and videos, which can be edited with several filters, and organized with tags and location information. An account can be shared publicly or with pre-approved followers. Users can explore other users’ profile, “like” their photos, and follow them to add their content to a feed. As compared to Facebook, Instagram is the most famous visual sharing platform where users can post a text caption only too. In addition, there are plenty of ways to get in touch with other Instagram users as well as favorite personalities, business competitors, experts, and so on just by following them on Instagram, sending them private messages or being followed by them.
According to the Instagram statistics for 2019, approx 1 billion people use Instagram every month. The majority of users download the Instagram app every day to enjoy its perks, while some delete their account for specific reasons. In addition to the previous sentence, there are some users who accidentally Deleted Instagram Account and make several efforts to recover it. For users who accidentally deleted their account or did it purposely, there is a way to recover an Instagram account.
Keep in mind that you cannot recover your previous account or username that you used before if it’s been more than 30 days since you deleted your account – according to Instagram’s policy. In all other cases, it is quite easy to recover deactivated Instagram accounts.
Reactive Your Instagram Account
- Open your Instagram app: To recover your temporarily disabled account, Instagram sign in should be your first step to follow. It might seem easy, but it could be complex as Instagram is quite strict about reactivating accounts. If you deactivate your account temporarily, Instagram disables it for a week.
- Enter your username and password: If your credentials work successfully, it means that your account is active again.
If any of the above steps didn’t work, you will have to reset your password.
Reset Your Instagram Password
If Instagram sign-in didn’t work, you can try another option: Reset Your Password.
Follow the below-given step and reset your password easily:
- Click on “Forget Password?” below the log in button.
- Enter your username or the email address that you have used while creating your account. Once you enter the correct details, you will get an email with the steps to reset your password.
On the other hand, if you are already logged into your account and willing to change your password, simply visit the “Settings” from your profile and click on the option “Change Password”.
Guidelines to Avoid Violating Community
In order to avoid your account getting deactivated, simply follow the below steps:
- Share photos and videos that belong to you.
- Do not share sexual or nude or violent content.
- Be respectful to others.
- Avoid sending spam: Repetitive comments are not at all allowed.
What if still not able to Recover the Instagram Account?
If you are still not able to access your account, the only way to get it back is to contact Instagram directly. Follow the steps to get in touch with Instagram:
- Visit the link: https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083. Here, you can report broken features, find instructions and report your account.
- Report “something is not working” from your account. In case, if you can’t log in, click on “I can’t log in” and follow the instructions to restore your account.
- Access to the Privacy and Safety Center and click “Report Something”. Here, you can report the problem with other users or your own account.
- Open Instagram Facebook Page and send a direct message.
Keep in mind a few things to get a response from Instagram
- Be specific and to the point: Don’t just say “I can’t log in”. Explain your problem clearly and mention that you tried to solve the problem.
- Add a screenshot with the problem: This will help the support team to understand the exact issue.
- Make sure you include your username: Give your username detail but do not add your password.
Follow the above steps to recover your Instagram account successfully. Get in touch with us if you need Instagram Account Support.
Read our Previous blog Do You Know, Facebook Is Tracking You! How to stop it