Tips To Maximize Your Facebook Account Privacy & Security
With over 2 billion users, Facebook becomes one of the most popular social media networks across the world. Of course, some people have created the Facebook account to showcase their personal, social, and professional lifestyle, while others access their account to interact with friends and family in a single arena, to play online games, or to access some websites or applications. That basically means that to the majority of people, their Facebook account has become something that they use and rely on a daily basis.
Along with this, there are a number of hackers, fraudsters, and identity thieves that keep their eyes on Facebook profiles of others for specific reasons. Thus, securing the Facebook account and improving its privacy is highly important. Here, we are providing some awesome tips that will increase Facebook account privacy and security and keep account safe and secure:
Tips To Maximize Facebook Account Privacy & Security:
- Manage your security settings: Your first step towards Facebook security is to visit your FB security settings page. Read our blog Facebook update in 2019 and more. You can find this page by clicking on the gear button located at the top right-hand corner of your FB screen. Click “Account Settings” and then “Security Settings” on the left-hand sidebar. This page allows you to modify your settings regarding your security questions, app passwords, current active sessions, and so on. Check and enable all the options to enhance your account security.
- Protect your mobile devices: Nowadays, smartphones are becoming the quickest and easiest way to access Facebook. People just need to log in once and after that, they can use their FB app whenever they want to. For users, it is highly important to keep their FB application safe on their smartphones. Set a strong password lock on your device and reduce risks easily.
- Use secure browsing: Always use your FB account via an HTTP secure connection. Browsing FB without https keep your data open to hackers and fraudsters. To enhance your Facebook account privacy, use https:// instead of http://.
- Add only real friends: Never accept random friend requests. Becoming friends with someone on FB allows them to access your personal information like your full name, location, birthplace, birthday, and so on. Thus, it is highly suggested to reject the requests of unknown people to keep your account safe and secure.
- Customize your Privacy settings: Keeping your personal details private is the best way to enhance Facebook security. To change the privacy settings, click on the gear button located at the top right-hand corner of your screen and then click “Privacy Settings”. On this page, you can select who can view your personal information. Modify this page if required. Following this step allow you to reduce the risks of potential identity theft and hacking attempts.
- Always log out your account after using: A very simple way to secure the account is to log out an account after you use, especially when accessing it on public devices, including libraries, coffee shops, etc. Forgetting to log out of your account may be dangerous. Do not take the risk as you may become a victim of fraud and identity theft. So, simply log out after use.
- Back up your data: Facebook offers plenty of features that are highly beneficial for users. Data backup option is one of them. You can download a full online social history by clicking “Account Settings” on the gear button. Click on “Account Settings” and then “Download a Copy of your Facebook Data.” Following this step will increase your chances to recover your account if it is targeted by hackers.
- Confirm your mobile number: Adding your mobile number is another easiest way to enhance your account security. By following this step, when you lose or forget your password, you can easily access your account through your mobile number. Facebook will send you a new password via SMS. To enable this setting, click “Account Settings” and then click “Mobile” on the left-hand sidebar.
In addition to this, you can also make status updates, view friend requests, and recover your account without any hassle.
- Do not click “Keep Me Logged In” while adding your Email or Phone Number and Password: Whether you are using your profile in public spaces or devices used by multiple users, it is highly recommended to uncheck the box “Keep Me Logged In”.
- Set A Strong Password: Setting a strong password is important for all online and offline applications, especially Facebook. As Facebook hacking cases are increasing day by day, having a complex password might be a good idea to keep the account safe and secure. To make your password complex, add numbers, letters, and punctuation marks along with upper and lower case letters.
Here are the most effective tips to enhance your safety online. The importance of keeping your Facebook account safe and secure is highly vital. Simple follow all these steps and enhance your Facebook account privacy and security.